SGL Group has more than 100 years of experience in the manufacture of carbon electrodes. Over the years we have worked to increase the quality of our amorphous carbon electrodes.
In our technology and innovation center in Meitingen our continuous improvement efforts ensure that our electrodes meet the ever-growing requirements of our customers.
Composite und Soderberg
Additionally SGL Group is supplying Soderberg paste and Graphite Electrodes for the usage in composite furnaces. Based on the individual application we’ll find the right solutions that optimize the parameters of the furnace. SGL Group is the only supplier that offers one-stop the full product portfolio for the submerged arc furnace industry.
Carbon Electrodes for the production of silicon metal and phosphorus
In order to ensure the best results, electrodes must have the following characteristics:
- Good electrical conductivity, in order to withstand the high current density required by the metallurgical process
- Good thermal conductivity, to minimize the temperature differences inside the electrodes when in use and, consequently, to reduce internal stresses
- Good mechanical strength, to withstand the stresses when in use
- High level of chemical purity, to avoid polluting the end product
- A reliable joint, to ensure current flow continuity in the electrode column;
- Easy mounting, to facilitate and speed up operations for the lengthening of the electrode column
- Accurate machining on the external surface and on the joints, to avoid problems when the joint passes through the holding clamps and the contact shoes and to facilitate the current flow from one electrode to the following one
Typical dimensions of carbon electrodes
|Nominal diameter||Nominal length (incl. Cone)||Approx. Weight|