Business Unit Performance Products
Our Business Unit Performance Products manufactures graphite electrodes for the production of steel in electric arc furnaces and carbon elctrodes which are used in other smelting applications (e.g. Silicon, phosphorous). We fabricate as well cathodes and furnace linings. The cathodes are used in the productions of primary aluminum. The furnace linings enable the production of pig iron in a blast furnace.
- are leaders in our key markets and support our customer's growth
- co-operate closely with the worldwide leading companies in the steel, iron, phosphorous, silicon and aluminum industry via local sales organizations in more than ninety countries
- offer to our customers decisive advantages with our wide range of comprehensive services accompanying our products
- ensure the highest quality standards and reliability of supply with modern, high performance production locations on three continents
- are innovative in product development, optimizing processes and strive to deepen our customer relationships as value supplier
- continuously improve our efficiency and reduce costs by using the Six Sigma methodology
With these measures we want to create continuous and sustainable value for our customers.
Our Commitment to Quality
Maintaining the high quality of both our products and services is vital to the long-term success of our company. We are striving for continuous improvement of our products and services and are applying the methodology of Six Sigma in order to generate the expected value added for our customers' satisfaction.
To summarize our top priorities are:
- Satisfaction of customer requirements
- Continuous improvement of all our processes to create customer value
- Empowerment of our people to shorten decision-making processes to our customers' benefits
As the leading carbon and graphite producer, SGL Group, with all production plants worldwide, is the first to meet the ISO 9000 standards. The respective certificates can be found under Downloads in the right navigation.
International Management Team
The Business Unit Performance Products is managed by an international team of managers. The Business Unit operates across national borders and legal entities enabling quick response to changing customer requirements, operating as a team of equals jointly deciding on key business issues.
SGL Group is a member of the ECGA (European Carbon and Graphite Association), an association handling all Europe-related issues concerning the Carbon and Graphite industry.